Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reflections - Modissa.


It's been................................. 10 years since my last heritage trail, which was coincidentally to Kampong Glam too! I must say, I really enjoyed myself this time round, maybe it's because I am more familiar with the area. Prior to the trip, I like to visit Haji Lane, Bali Lane and Arab Street to shop & eat! There are great finds and great buys around this area, and a haven for accessories maker as Arab Street has a wide array of beads, and materials for simple jewellery making.

I had lots of fun with my groupmates Mori, Hafizah, Gary and Imran!!!! The jumpshots at the Malay Heritage Centre like we just don't care :p , posing for the various places, taking silly videos towards the end of the trip, and simply cheering each other on when we were all so tired and desperate to get it over and done with on such a hot hot hot day! I didn't expect to enjoy myself that much because previously I did not know some of my groupmates well.
Quote from dear Mori: remember when we had just gotten our assignments and i said i have never gone to arab street before, modissa looked at me like I wasnt a singaporean.
YAR hello I am not born in Singapore but I have been to Arab Street many times okay!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
It was definitely interesting exploring the various places in greater detail than I usually do(just walking around aimlessly on a Sunday afternoon with friends), especially the Malay Heritage Centre. Being a Chinese, I admit that I do not know a lot about the Malay culture but the heritage trail gave me the opportunity to learn more about its rich culture and deep roots.

The four hours was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment